[Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
时间:2023-12-02 13:22:14 出处:쇼핑阅读（143）
The National Changgeuk Company of Korea is making a grand return to the stage with one of its most most unconventional repertoires, "Farewell My Concubine.”
Premiered in the spring of 2019 and met with sold-out shows during its fall run, this "changgeuk" is a blend of traditional Korean and Peking operas, brought to life through the collaborative efforts of creative teams from Korea and Taiwan.
Set in the turbulent Spring and Autumn Period in ancient China, "Farewell My Concubine" tells the epic tale of war interwoven with the poignant love story of Gen. Hang Woo (Gen. Xiang Wu) and Woo Hee (Consort Yu).
Changgeuk actors and pansori singers Jeong Bo-gwon and Kim Jun-soo, reprising their roles as Hang Woo and Woo Hee, respectively, are approaching their characters with fresh determination.
- South Korea warns tit
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco